Tuesday 28 April 2009

suiravidartS

It really was an inspiring evening. The Stradivarius Elder violin has made its way to Baia Mare. I was there last night and it was unbelievable. I never thought I'd hate the sound of my camera's shutter, but the other night I did. I thought twice before taking any of the shots I took. There were times when I wouldn't dare breathe.

Alexandru Tomescu danced that violin like I never thought anyone could. He was accompanied on the piano by Horia Mihail. I don't know much about music (I don't know much about anything, if I think about it), but that was hands down the greatest thing I have ever heard. The concert was part of a national tour which has the purpose of collecting funds for the Romanian Assosciation of the Blind. The tour continues and Tomescu and Mihail are playing tonight in Cluj.

Here are a few shots from the concert:




[I know they're not particularly professional, but the light was very poor and I was not allowed to use the flash. I don't know if I would have dared anyway...]


R

1 comment:

  1. this guy is just great. do you know he likes photography too? :)

    ReplyDelete