Sunday 28 November 2010

winamp test

Alright... a few updates regarding this blog and the (3 or 4) readers of it (including myself)... From now on, I'm going to write only in English... that is because I will write in Romanian on another blog (to be disclosed at a future date). The posts will continue in the same random order and on the same random subjects.. no change there, eh? I encourage you to also comment in English, but that's really up to you... there's no international audience to be offended...

Without further ado... I was tagged by Erika in the Winamp Test, which involves me opening my Library in Winamp, setting it on shuffle and then giving the titles of the songs that come up (randomly!!) as answers to questions about, well.. me. It's a way of finding out what your music says about you.
Well, not really... but it should be fun, anyway...

The official rules:
1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesnt make sense. NO CHEATING! (even if it's an unknown song - put a youtube link)
4. Bold the questions and with the answers, give your own comments on how it relates to the questions.

1.How are you feeling today?
Yeah.. that's a nice way of putting it... I fell pretty good, though... Does my Winamp really know me? We'll just see about that....

2.Will you get far in life? (a bit nervous about this one... what's with the big questions, eh?)
The Last Goodnight - Pictures of You
That's clearly a NO. Oh well.. you can't win them all.

3.How do your friends see you?
Gnarles Barkley - Smiley Faces
Any comments, guys?... I know this is not true on Mondays, but maybe for the rest of the week...

4.Will you get married?
Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar
This means 'Yes, and it's gonna be fun..."

5.What is your best friend’s theme song?
dZihan and Kamien - Homebase
Interesting... :-?

6.What is the story of your life?
Yeah.... as Yuri used to say (in that video game about his revenge), 'The mind is quicker than the eye.' It's a pretty cool song, though... I like where this list is going...

7.What was high school like?
Metallica - Phantom Lord
It wasn't so intense, really... But this song captures some of the days I enjoyed throughout high school..

8.How can you get ahead in life?
François K feat The Alchemist - On the Way
Just as long as you're on the way... you're good ;)

9.What is the best thing about your friends?
Ocean's Twelve OST - What R We Stealing
The best one yet!!! =))

10.What is in store for this weekend?
Sabres of Paradise - Smokeblech II
oooo... smooth... I like it! This weekend's going to be great. The next one, I mean... this one is already over. Come to think of it... I'm visiting my grandparents next weekend... it is going to be smooth, indeed...

11.What song describes you? (the one I've been waiting for...)
Piero Umiliani - Crepusculo sul Mare
Waaay too smooth to describe me....

12.To describe your grandparents?
Metallica -Sad but True
The title doesn't really fit, but the song... oh, yeah!! It's just so powerful however you look at it...

13.How is your life going?
Finley Quaye - Dice
It sometimes feels like a game of chance...

14.What song will they play at your funeral? (I really don't care, because I won't be able to listen to it, but let's see..)
Ich+Ich - Pflaster
they chose well.. it's all I'm going to say...

15.How does the world see you? (great! I've always wanted to know...)
Tom Petty - Square One
Really???? Oh, c'mmon!

this is such a disappointment...

16.Will you have a happy life?
Outkast - Ms. Jackson
=))... I guess this means 'Yes, but you're not going to get along with your mother-in-law'

17.What do your friends really think of you?
Metallica - The Prince
I really hope that's not true...
no way to find out the truth, though... unless I learn to read minds... I'll google it... :D

18.Do people secretly lust after you ?
Frank Sinatra - Pennies from Heaven
can this thing be more ambiguous???

19.How can I make myself happy? (don't even think about what I know you're going to think about!)
REM - Mad World
Mad people are sometimes happy... I don't know if that's the thing for me, though...

20.What should you do with your life? (this is the last one... phew... it took a while)
Metallica - The Unforgiven
:-<


So.. that's it... this was fun..

I have to tell you, though... I cheated just a little bit... I didn't use ALL the music I have on my computer. I left out jimi hendrix and jazz piano history, because I only listen to those on special occasions... I used the music I listen to most. It might have been interesting to stumble upon a song I never listened to, but it's too late now... this is how my Winamp test turned out...
Who wants to be tagged next?

R

5 comments:

  1. Now this seems fun and interesting. Me, me, I want to be next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm where I saw you? your face ...I think I saw you once...or twice..

    Maybe I'm wrong but you are an translator?
    ah, and thanks for add comment on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I do translate from time to time... I'm actually a student... I'll be a translator after I graduate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then I saw you at library... when was that woman from Afganistan...:P
    can you give me your ID?

    ReplyDelete