Wednesday 22 December 2010

memories of snow


Throughout school, my literature teachers kept telling me that the poets use snowfall (and other types of precipitation) in their poems to convey a feeling of uneasiness, almost claustrophobia... I have no idea why they would do such a thing. The only thing I have ever thought of during the heaviest of snowfalls I witnessed was how cozy that felt. I always bitch about the snow and about the salt people throw on the sidewalk and that keeps ruining my shoes, but, the truth is that whenever the snow melts away.. I miss it.

What's true with people, is (in this case) true with snow... they fade, but memories remain...






R

1 comment:

  1. I find snow cozy as well. Incredibly beautiful and heart warming. I like the most walking in the evening, when it snows.

    So yay for snow!

    ReplyDelete